Total Pageviews

Wednesday 15 February 2012

On Lamu

Oh this island is so beautiful, I can quite see why both my sisters honeymooned here many years ago. I dont suppose it has changed much other than the fact there are no tourists here. A month ago 9 locals were murdered here by Al Shabaab, a week ago a child was found in the mangroves minus her tongue, eyed and heart. 2 weeks ago they found a suitcase in the swamps full of body parts. Black magic is alive and thriving here in Lamu. All this activity have filtered back to westerern civilation and has understandable made people a bit nervous of coming here. I was approached by a beautiful Spanish girl at Malindi airport asking me if I was Piers ! She turned out to be the manager of the orphanage I am working with. We flew together toManda island where we took a dow to Lamu. There I was introduced to my co workers. 3 Spanish girls all aged around 30 and an Italian boy. Must dash the boat is taking me accross the island to photograph a hospital

No comments:

Post a Comment