Total Pageviews

Friday 10 February 2012

At last after 8 weeks I am back on line with my blog up and running again. The reason my blog was shut down was because I wrote about being robbed. I went down to the ministry of telecomunication's office and they told me that maybe I was mistaken in thinking I had had a slippery little Ethiopian hand in my pocket after having had a huge mouthful of green gob landing on my hand and over the little feller and that if I would write saying that the money had fallen out of my pocket that they would reinstate my blog. Well blow me down with a goose down feather, I thought Soviet Union rules went out in 1991. Anyway I have now been in Kenya staying with my old friend Arabella Akerhielm (Loundon) having a rest after 3 months working in Addis. I am off to Naivasha this morning with the lovely and fragrent Alice Murphy for I think a children's party and then sleeping in a tent up there and back tomorrow. Then Monday morning I fly to Lamu and island off the Kenyan coast to work in an orphanage. I spent yesterday in the toy shop buying cricket bats, balls, balloons, coloured pencils, paper beach balls  etc. Cant wait to give them to the children and teach them how to play cricket. I hope I can remember. I will write at lengh in the next few days as I have so much to tell you. Wonderful Christmas with Alice Murphy who came to Addis to work with Mother Teresa, Ali Hanratty who joined me for 12 days working so hard with Alice with the children. Marina Ayton and Bell Burt who came out to Mother Teresa for 2 weeks and worked so hard and brought SO many toys for the children to play with. I will write so if your reading this please let people know that my site is back up again and hopefully will have some interesting stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment