Total Pageviews

Sunday 27 November 2011

Bliss bliss bliss. I came back from the weekend to find I have an Italian called Marco who has arrived and because he was here 11 years ago he has been allowed to stay in the compound. So I got back last night to the smell of fresh coffee (he had brought his own coffee machine from Rome) and he was cooking pasta melansanza. Then if that wasn't good enough I find out he has OCD and it manifests itself in cleaning. I though we had had a new bathroom suite installed until I found out he had cleaned the bathroom to within an inch of its life. Broken light bulbs had been replaced, he had brought new buckets to hold water in the bathroom and the kitchen gleamed like a new pin. Like the Slovak Sister, I think I have died and gone to heaven. He asked me what I wanted for dinner tonight !!!!! As I sit in my room typing away I can here him mopping out the kitchen again. He mopped it out at 6.00 am this morning (2 hours ago , bliss).He makes my nephew Guy seem positively slovenly. He has a cloths shop in Rome selling women's fashion and is here for 3 months. So far he seems really nice and kind. The dates and times here in Ethiopia are very strange, first of all its 2004 not 2011 and then its is what I would call ten past 8 in the morning but in Ethiopia it is ten past 2 as they work on a clock which is 6 hours behind, quite strange and gets a bit of getting used to. Christmas day is 7th January and New Years day is 21st September. Last weekend when we went up to the Born Free compound, Stephen and myself were having lunch when 4 cheetah's turned up and wondered around about 5 feet from us, magical.

No comments:

Post a Comment